With so much news here in the state over the last few weeks, from Governor Inslee’s phased reopening to the lockdown protests in Olympia and even a possible special session in the legislature to deal with the budget shortfall, we convene our Week in Review panel (WA Democrats’ Communications Director, Will Casey and Indivisible Washington’s 8th District founder, Chris Petzold) to break it all down.
Then, we are joined by the chair of the King County Democrats, Shasti Conrad, to talk about why you should become a precinct committee officer, or PCO, in time for this year’s presidential election. The filing deadline is coming up.
And finally, we talk with Tahmina Watson, co-founder of the Washington Immigrant Defense Network, to hear about how the pandemic has impacted our immigrant community in the state, and about how you can help.
Sign Indivisible’s People’s Agenda Pledge: www.peoplesagendapledge.org
Olympia Indivisible’s game plan to support Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal’s Paycheck Guarantee Act.
• By Monday, May 11th:
1. Sign on to the letter supporting the Paycheck Guarantee Act: docs.google.com/forms/d/1yZQxX-in…ed=true#responses
2. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that your chapter signed on to the support letter.
3. Tweet and post your support using the hashtags #PeoplesAgenda and #WaIndivisible
• On Tuesday, May 12th:
1. Flood the phones: ask your group members to join a statewide day of action to call their Congressperson and both Senators and ask that they support the Paycheck Guarantee Act.
2. Ask your group members to tweet & post about their call using the hashtags #PeoplesAgenda and #WaIndivisible.
• On Wednesday, May 13th:
1. Send the state letter with all groups listed to your Members of Congress and urge them to support the Paycheck Guarantee Act.
(Once we have the list of groups who have signed on, we will email you a copy of the letter with all signatory group names.)
2. Once again, tweet and post about the letter, using the hashtags #PeoplesAgenda and #WaIndivisible.
Become a PCO! www.kcdems.org/pco
Washington Immigrant Defense Network Training: www.eventbrite.com/e/widen-removal…ets-97601144651
Theme music from filmmusic.io
“Pure Joy” by Otis Galloway
License: CC BY (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)